Labuan Financial Services Authority (“Labuan FSA”) re-issued the Guidelines on establishment of Marketing Office in Kuala Lumpur and Iskandar Malaysia which came into effect on 5 March 2014 (the “Guidelines”).
All Labuan companies must submit the application for establishment of Marketing Office to Labuan FSA through a Labuan IBFC registered trust company.
Kensington Trust Labuan Limited is a licensed trust company in Labuan and may assist you with –
- application for Marketing Office
- establishment and administration of your Labuan company
ROLE / PURPOSE OF MARKETING OFFICE
- Limited to facilitate meetings with clients and establish contacts with potential clients of the Labuan company.
- No maintenance of books and records (including trading activities) shall be done through, from or in the Marketing Office.
(1) Location and Address
- All Labuan companies with the exception of insurance brokers and captives must maintain a Management Office in Labuan.
- The Marketing Office must be segregated and independent from office of other company and has its own phone line, fax machine and computer terminal separate from other company.
- The premise of the Marketing Office should strictly be used for specific purposes and not for personal use or accommodation.
- Labuan companies that have an existing Kuala Lumpur Marketing Office may apply to establish another Marketing Office in Iskandar Malaysia.
The number of staff in each of the Marketing Office should not exceed four (4).
(3) Name and Signboard
Name of the Labuan company together with Company’s number (and license number, if applicable) must be printed on a signboard affixed at the entrance of the Marketing Office.
The annual fee imposed on each Marketing Office is payable when the application is approved by Labuan FSA and remains valid until 31 December of the year of approval. Subsequent annual fee is payable to Labuan FSA on or before 15 January of each calendar year.
Processing Fee (once-off)
- RM1,000/- each application for Labuan licensed entity
- RM300/- each application for Labuan company
RM7,500/- for each Marketing Office